Happy Friday everyone!
Hope you had a great (cold) week and have fun things planned out for the weekend. Life has been a little busy with school, work, getting ready to move to a new place, and everything else in between! But I can’t complain at all… Life is GREAT!
Anyway, today I want to share with you a new recipe I tried last week and was a total hit (I have done it 3 times already lol). These cookies are protein packed, nutrient-rich, and DELICIOUS!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled GF oats
- 1 cup GF quick oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened, dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a separate bowl warm the coconut oil and honey.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add the pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Drop scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. And like always… Serve the cookies warm and with a good cup of coffee 🙂
These cookies are great option for snacks and on-the-go breakfast!
**This recipe makes 11 cookies.