Happy April, Happy Monday!
Hope you all had an amazing Easter weekend and spent time with your loved ones!
I tried a new recipe yesterday for our Easter treat, and it is a MUST that I share it with you! This Gluten Free Healthy Carrot Cake covered with dark chocolate ganache, is the perfect GUILTY FREE treat!
Healthy Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- 1 cup gluten free flour ( I used the 1-to-1 Baking Flour from Bob’s Red Mill Foods
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins COLLAGEN PEPTIDES (optional, but good for extra protein)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt (I used the Siggi’s non-fat vanilla yogurt)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk.
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a cake pan with coconut oil.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, all-spice, collagen peptides, and salt, and set aside.
Using a blender, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, yogurt, almond milk, carrots, and dates.
Add the wet to the dry, and stir well.
Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, if using a bundt cake pan. **If you use a bigger pan such as 9×13, bake for less time 20-25 min.
To prepare the frosting, stir together the melted chocolate, milk of your preference, and cocoa powder. Allow to cool down before frosting.
- Serve it warm and ENJOY!
Let me know if you ever make this recipe! I’m sure you will love it.
Have a amazing week!