If you know me well enough, you know how much I LOVE going grocery shopping.
I always look forward to go to the grocery store, and I like to take my sweet time when buying my groceries. If I need to hurry up at the store, I don’t even go! And fun fact, I would much rather go to the grocery store than going to the mall/clothing shopping. Anyone else??
For me, grocery shopping is a time to relax and appreciate life! We don’t realize how many people suffer from hunger, and we take food for granted. So YES! I love that I’m able to buy groceries every week, and I’m so THANKFUL for all the good food I get to eat everyday!
My Weekly Grocery List
Have you ever gone to the grocery store to buy just a few items, and next thing you see you’re buying a bunch of other things you DON’T need? I know I have! And today I’ll be sharing some simple steps you can take to avoid this issue, and how to get more organized before going grocery shopping.
First of all, I ALWAYS make a grocery shopping list, and I write it down by each section of my kitchen. I start by my refrigerator and freezer from the top to bottom, then pantry shelves, and lastly I look over my counter top which is where I normally have my favorite seasonings, spices and oils.. PS: if you are more of a tech person and want to write your list on the phone, that is fine too. Whatever works best for you to get organized!
I personally have found that writing down my grocery list and crossing out the items as I go, is the most effective and simple way to buy groceries without spending more than I want to 🙂 I’m kind of old school in this aspect. I like to write down my to-do lists, and I LOVE planners! Who is with me?!
My grocery list varies weekly, but here is it looks like most of the times:
- Eggs – 2 dozen.
- Cottage cheese – I love using it to make my “creamy” scrambled eggs.
- Fruit Jelly – My favorite brand is St. Dalfour
- Greek Yogurt – Vanilla Siggis Dairy is my favorite.
- Low-fat cheese
- Sandwich meats (turkey breast or Lean Ham) – I don’t eat it very often, but it’s a good protein source for the busy days when we have NO time to cook!
- Milk – Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk for baking (I don’t really drink milk) + Dark Chocolate Almond Milk for Thiago.
- Orange Juice
- Perfect Bars – I usually buy 2-3 bars per week, and normally eat half of a bar each time. My favorite flavors are PB, PB and Coconut, and PB and Chocolate Chips.
- GT Kombucha – I buy 2 per week (my favorite flavors are Multi-Green and Synergy Trilogy).
- Lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, purple onions, spinach, brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, sweet potatoes,
- Bananas and berries (blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries).
- Ground beef
PANTRY/CABINETS: Besides flours, coconut sugar, oats, rice, quinoa, and other foods that usually last longer, here are the items that are on my list almost every week:
- Peanut Butter – CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!
- Dark chocolate – I like to buy bars and/or chocolate chips.
- Pancake and Waffle Mix – Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Mix is my favorite.
- Bagel – My favorite are Thomas’ 100% WHOLE WHEAT BAGELS and Organic Plain Awesome Bagels from Dave’s Killer Bread.
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Rice Cakes
- Black beans
**My grocery usually lasts 7 to 9 days, it just depends on how often we go out to eat on or hungry my husband is on that specific week lol
**My grocery usually lasts 7 to 9 days. It just depends on how often we go out to eat, or hungry my husband is on that specific week lol
Thank you for reading my post… I Hope this was helpful in someway!
Have a AMAZING week!